Head of Delegation Nominations
Head of Delegation (HOD) - Gymnastics WA State Team
There are potentially three Head of Delegation (HOD) positions on offer in 2021:
HOD & Assistant HOD Week Two - Rhythmic, Aerobic & Trampoline Gymnastics (RG, AER & TRP). Please note that the availability of an Assistant position in Week 2 is still TBC.
HOD Week One - Men's & Women's Gymnastics (MAG & WAG)
The HOD is a fully-funded position which is appointed by the Gymnastics WA Board.
The 2021 Australian Championships are being held from 12th - 26th May at the Gold Coast Sport & Leisure Centre, QLD. Draft dates for each week are as follows:
Week 1 (RG, AER, TRP & ACR) - 12th to 17th May
Week 2 (RG, AER & TRP) - 20th to 26th May
Note: The above dates are competition dates, not travel dates. Travel dates are likely to be a day or two either side of the competition dates for each week.
HOD Nominees must:
- Have demonstrated ability or have previous experience in a Team Management or Head of Delegation role
- Demonstrate leadership ability
- Show qualities of empathy, patience and initiative
- Have the ability to multi-task
- Have any other qualifications and/or skills which may contribute to a successful team experience
- Be willing to apply for a Working With Children Check (WWCC) if successfully selected (if a valid card has not already been obtained). Note: Gymnastics WA will reimburse the cost of WWCC applications lodged on behalf of the WA State Team.
- Be willing to apply for a Federal Police Clearance if successfully selected (if a valid clearance has not already been obtained). Note: Gymnastics WA will reimburse HOD's for this cost.
- Fulfil any other criteria as outlined in the HOD Job Description (attached below)
Successful applicants will be notified shortly following selection by the Gymnastics WA Board.
Gymnastics WA State Team Policies
The following documents can be found on the Policies page on the Gymnastics WA Website:
- State Team Policy (includes selection criteria)
- Discipline & Appeal Policy (include Injury Petitions)
- Member Protection Policy Part D - Code of Conduct
- Social Media & Communications Policy
All nominees for the HOD must be familiar with the content of each policy, so please take the time to review them every year prior to submitting a nomination form.
State Team Uniforms
Successfully selected HOD's will get the opportunity to order State Team uniform along with the remainder of the team in April 2020. The dates for the uniform try-on sessions, as well as a list of uniform items required by each State Team member can be found on the Uniforms page on the Gymnastics WA website. Gymnastics WA will reimburse all HOD candidates for the cost of any uniform purchased.
State Team Management Meetings
The Head of Delegation is required to attend State Team Planning Meetings along with the Gymnastics WA staff and the Team Manager / Head Coach for each gymsport. Meeting dates are as follows:
- Wednesday 15th April (HOD, Head Coach & Team Manager)
- Wednesday 6th May (HOD & Team Manager only)
Please mark these dates in your diary now, as it is essential that the Head of Delegation is present at these meetings.