Effective from 6pm tonight, Sunday, 31 January 2021 until 6pm Friday, 5 February, the Perth metropolitan area, Peel and South West regions will enter a 5-day lockdown, based on health advice.
These measures are being implemented due to a fast evolving situation in Western Australia with the positive COVID-19 case detected in a hotel quarantine worker.
These restrictions will affect our Gymnastics Clubs within the Perth metropolitan area, Peel and South West regions. During the enforced five-day lockdown, the following will be required to close:
- Gyms and indoor sporting venues
- Playgrounds, skate parks and outdoor recreational areas
- Pubs, bars and clubs
- Cinemas, entertainment venues and casinos
- Places of workshop, libraries and cultural institutions
Schools are also required to remain closed for an additional week, extending the current school holidays.
Premier Mark McGowan announced masks will now be mandatory for anybody leaving their homes and anyone that is able to work from home is encouraged to do so for the next five days. These are tough meausures however are absolutely necessary for the safety of the West Australian public.
What does this mean for your club:
- All Gymnastics Clubs must remain closed during the five-day lockdown
- Adhere to all Western Australian Government restrictions, including any additional updates during this lockdown period.
The Gymnastics WA office will be closed following the recent announce however Gymnastics WA staff will remain online to assist our community throughout this period. If you have any concerns or queries, please make contact with the following staff:
- Michael Farmer (Manager Community & Club Engagement): 0400 732 531 or email@example.com
- Grace Schmidt (Club Engagement Co-ordinator): firstname.lastname@example.org
- Emily Randall (Executive Director): 0400 732 793 or email@example.com
More information will be released to the Gymnastics WA community as the Government announce further updates.