Events and Education Coordinator
An exciting opportunity is available at Gymnastics WA for a full-time Events and Education Coordinator to join our team in Leederville.
Gymnastics Western Australia is the peak body for the sport of gymnastics in Western Australia. We provide the opportunity for anyone interested in fun, fundamental movement, fitness and friendships to participate in gymnastic programs, competitions, development programs and activities which are accessible to all, no matter their experience, skill, age or ability level.
This is an exciting role on our Events team in a fast paced environment, reporting to our Events & Technical Manager.
To be considered for this role you would need to have a tertiary qualification in a relevant field and have an understanding of education courses.
You will also need to demonstrate:
- Proven Customer Service experience and communication skills
- The ability to deliver events, initiatives and/or projects
- An understanding of preparing and reporting to budgets
- Drive, passion and initiative
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- The ability to work in a team environment and autonomously
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy
- A passion for volunteers and an understanding of the culture of a volunteer based organisation
- Current Driver's Licence
- Working with Children Card
- National Police Clearance
You will be responsible for the planning and delivery of a range of Gymnastics WA events, education courses and workshops contributing to driving gymnastics initiatives which link to the Gymnastics WA Strategic Plan.
This will include, but will not be limited to:
- Annual review of event structures, policies, manuals, processes and forms
- Developing and maintaining relationships with volunteers, clubs and external organisations in relation to the engagement and retention of volunteers
- Compiling articles for the Gymnastics WA website, social media and other communication channels
- Maintaining and updating the Gymnastics WA event website calendar and results page
- The position is a full-time position working 38 hours per week. However, a flexible approach to working hours is required, due to the nature of working within a state sports association. The nature of the position requires some out of hours and weekend work, which is recognised in the remuneration package offered.
Our organisation is committed to protecting children and young people from harm. We require all applicants to undergo an extensive screening process prior to appointment.
If you think you have the skills and experience we are looking for, read through the below Position Description and APPLY here. You may also contact [email protected] for any further information or queries.