The Gymnastics WA Women’s Artistic Gymnastics (WAG) Team Future Squad has been established to foster the development and success of West Australian WAG athletes in international competition. It also contributes to Gymnastics Australia’s and Gymnastics WA’s priorities in developing coach and club capacity to undertake High Performance programs, and support targeted athletes to ensure progress along the High Performance pathway.
Attendance at Team Future Camps will be invitation only and demonstrates a reward for the gymnast's hard work and progress. Team Future activities encompass a holistic development program for the young gymnasts. The camp includes both technical skill development and athlete/coach leadership education and development. Senior Coaches are selected as 'Master Coaches", to mentor developing coaches throughout the camp. The philosophy behind the Team Future Camp is to develop athletes who meet the age requirements tracking towards International Levels whilst upskilling their coaches with educational workshops.
The camp will be a two day camp, with both athlete skill development and coach education sessions. The camp will include the following components:
- Physical Testing
- Dance & Expression Workshop
- Turns, Jumps & Leaps Workshop
- Skill Circuits
- Coach Professional Development Workshops
Date - 15th - 16th April 2019
Venues - TBC
Cost - TBC
Schedule - To be released shortly
The physical testing champions will be crowned per level and will receive a High Achiever prize!
Club coaches must attend the camp with their athletes and will have the opportunity to develop their skills throughout the camp and educational workshops. Club coaches must hold an Advanced Module One or above coaching accreditation.
Coaches who do not have an athlete selected to attend the camp, may still attend as an Observer Coach for a fee. This allows the coach to learn whilst observing the athlete development sessions and also participating in the coach education workshops. Please read the Team Future Selection Criteria & Guidelines for further information regarding Observer Coaches.
Master Coach Profiles
To be released shortly (January 2019)
1. Athletes who meet the selection criteria will receive an invitation to the Team Future Camp via email, including their club to ensure suitable coaches are available to attend with their athletes.
2. Invited athletes must complete the Nomination Form and return to Gymnastics WA, together with payment.
3. Once all Nomination Forms are received, all correspondence will be via the supplied email address on the Nomination Form and also the athlete's club. Information regarding the camp and physical testing will be sent to the club prior to the camp to allow for suitable preparation time.
Team Future Guidelines & Forms