Are you an Early Childhood and Education Care Centre?
Would you like to develop physical literacy and the fundamental movement skills of children in your Early Childhood and Education Care centre?
Gymnastics WA, together with The University of Western Australia’s KIDDO program have expanded our Gym Warriors program into Early Childhood and Education Care centres in WA. KIDDO is a research and evidence based physical literacy program backed by the latest research from UWA.
The Gym Warriors Program will be delivered by KIDDO certified gymnastics coaches and will help the children in your centre learn how to run, jump, balance, kick, throw and more, as well as develop the confidence to be active - get your children learning fundamental movement skills based on the latest research! We promise they will love every minute of it and your educators will learn some physical literacy tips too!
We are excited to offer this program at a heavily subsidised cost, thanks to our partnership with Healthway!
Gym Warriors Program Details:
Who: We can tailor a KIDDO program to suit any age group!
When: 45-minute session, once per week for 6 weeks (we can run two age groups back-to-back eg. Toddler Room and Kindy Room)
Where: We come to you at your centre with all equipment and resources!
Cost: $475 + GST (maximum 15 children per age group)
We have limited spots available for ECECs to take up our heavily subsidised program! Register your interest today!
BENEFITS FOR YOUR EARLY CHILDHOOD CENTRE:
- KIDDO program run by fully trained and accredited Gymnastics coaches;
- Self sufficient external provider with all equipment supplied and we come to your centre;
- Heavily subsided cost of $475 + GST to launch our pilot program with KIDDO and Healthway;
- Timings to suit your centre schedule;
- Children learn life-long fundamental movement skills;
- Build confidence and encourages outdoor play in your children;
- Participation in evidence-based physical literacy programs based on the latest research from UWA and experts around the world;
- Physically literate children have a lot more fun being active; have better social skills; are happier and more confident and have improved attention and concentration;
- Play based learning and age appropriate physical activities;
- Access to online resources, tools and lesson plans to further develop their skills;
- A point of difference for your centre - diversify your value proposition and to stand out from other competitors;
- Create relationships between your Early Childhood Education and Care centre and your local Gymnastics club in your respective area;
- Facilitate a pathway for children to complete the program and join their local Gymnastics club to continue developing their skills;
- Build capacity to provide programs that deliver physical literacy in young children;
- Provides children with the tools and resources to build their confidence, motivate and participate in high-quality and engaging sessions;
- Make a difference by encouraging an active lifestyle for WA children;
- Fun for the kids and educators can learn along the way!
Our accredited coaches are ready and raring to go in both Perth and regional areas of WA, we just need you!
Please contact Gymnastics WA on [email protected] for more information. To register your interest right now, please complete the Expression of Interest form.