The Gymnastics WA Young Leaders Program is a program aimed at developing the next generation of leaders within the gymnastics community. The Program is open to people aged 14 – 21 years of age and offers both theoretical and practical training to improve their leadership skills, motivate to become better leaders and give the attendees knowledge to take back to their clubs and regions. Participants must have completed their Beginner coaching or judging accreditation.
The Program is targeted across three hubs in Western Australia, being the North West Region (Pilbara and Kimberly), Southern Region (South West and Great Southern) and Perth Metropolitan inclusive of the Peel Region. Regional participants are offered a discounted participant rate due to the travel requirements. Gymnastics WA encourages the regional participants to contact their local government for potential funding or scholarship opportunities to assist with travel costs and is happy to offer support with applicant processes.
Participants will receive the following
- Two x Leadership Workshops (one session will be delivered via web-conferencing for regional participants, one session will)
- Attendance to one National Education Framework Course in Judging or Coaching
- Attendance to the Athlete Camp (will assist and lead when required)
- Mentoring Program including a minimum of 4 x face-to-face or teleconference meetings with assigned Mentor (all participants will be paired to a suitable mentor for 12 months)
- Young Leaders Program Hoodie
To be part of the Young Leaders Program, coaches and judges aged 14 – 21 must complete an Application Form (to be released 30th April 2018).
- Metropolitan & Peel Participants $200
- Regional (North West & Southern Regions) $150